Sunday, May 27, 2012

scottsdale.

Let me just start this post by letting you all know that if you haven't been to Scottsdale, you need to drop what you're doing immediately and book a trip.  preferably a girls trip.  it's perfect for it!

My step mom, Mary Anne, has been wanting to do a mother daughter trip for a while and we finally got it on the books in Scottsdale for the end of April. It was a wonderful weekend full of friends, fun, sun and shopping!  We had a big group (11 total) and it was nice to just relax and enjoy our time together. 

Everyone arrived throughout Thursday evening, so we didnt venture much past the hotel bar where we all got to catch up and have a few beverages.  Friday morning we were all up early and ready to explore!  A few of the ladies went golfing and my mother in law, Ava, and I got up and headed to the course to see them off!  They had a blast!
Mary Anne, Connely, Kirsten, Annette, Christine and Janet
After we left the golf course,  Ava and I ate a yummy breakfast at The Breakfast Club (best french toast I've ever eaten) and then hit the pool with some of the other non-golfers. 
lauren and I at the pool
me and vicki
best mother in law and step mom a girl could ask for!
The rest of the crew joined us poolside that afternoon after the golf game and we soaked up the Arizona sun.  Friday night we went to a yummy dinner at Mastro's City Hall Steakhouse.

Saturday morning the group got up early, headed to breakfast and then went to burn it off by hiking Squaw Peak. It was no leisurely stroll, but the views of downtown Phoenix were worth the effort! It was beautiful.

Lauren and I are ready to go!
Lauren, Kirsten, me & Christine

the whole crew halfway up!  time for a breather/picture break!
The rest of the day was spent shopping and catching up.  We met for a little happy hour on the patio before dinner and soaked in some more of the amazing Scottsdale weather. 
thanks for EVERYTHING Mary Anne...it was a fabulous trip!
so pretty!
Ava, I'm so glad you came!  Thanks for being such a good roomie!!
love you ALL!
sisters.

We finished the weekend with a fabulous Italian dinner.  The food was great...but the eye candy was even better.  The waiters even had a calendar for our viewing pleasure.  :)
checking out the men of Pasta Brioni
(for their single daughters, of course...)

I had so much fun spending time with my step mom, mother in law, step sisters and fabulous friends.  We're already planning our next trip and I can't wait!!

xoxo
Callie

No comments:

Post a Comment