Tuesday, April 3, 2012

some Pinteresting recipes

hey everyone...for dinner tonight I decided to try a few of the recipes I've been pinning on my Pinterest pin boards.  It always seems like I pin a million things and then never actually make anything...so here's to taking action! 

The plan is to make 1-2 pinterest recipes a week and so far, the few recipes I've tried range from awesome to awful.  So i figured I'd save you all some time (and a last minute pizza order b/c your crock pot baked potatoes were a massive fail) and let you know how everything turns out!

Tonight's Menu: Greek Turkey Burgers, Sweet Potato Fries and Steamed Broccoli

The Results:
eh.  please excuse my food photography.

Overall, I thought these recipes were just okay.  The sweet potato fries weren't great, probably because I burned them..ha!!  Even though they were burned, they weren't very "fryish" and didn't get crispy.  I think I'll stick with my usual way of making sweet potatoes moving forward.  I thought the burgers were good and Austin really liked them.  The greek topping definitely makes the burger and next time I think I'll serve them without the english muffin bun.  I'll give these a B+ since they are low in fat and only 240 calories!  Woohoo!

Have you all tried any good Pinterest recipes?  If so, please share!  I'm always looking for great recipes to add to my collection!!

Happy Pinning!
-Callie

No comments:

Post a Comment