Monday, April 23, 2012

Happy Birthday Mary Anne!

Towards the end of February, Austin and I (and Rowdy and Chubbs) took a road trip to Dallas to visit my family and celebrate my step mom Mary Anne's 50th birthday!  It was such a fun weekend for several reasons. 

First, the whole family was able to come in town to celebrate!  My brother, Brad, flew in from San Diego where he is stationed at Camp Pendleton.  My step sister, Lauren, was able to get the weekend off from training the animals at Sea World to come up from San Antonio and Vicki, my youngest step sister, was also able to take the day off so the whole family could celebrate together! With everyone usually running in 5 different directions it's not often that the whole family is able to be in one place, I know that made Mary Anne's birthday even more special!
the whole Gresham/Mauk/Keeney crew
Brad, me, Austin, Lauren, Mary Anne, Mike, Vicki
The weekend was made even more special because of the gift we got for Mary Anne.  50 is a big birthday and we all wanted to make sure that this was Mary Anne's best one yet.  So, months ago, Vicki came up with the idea to design a piece of jewelry for her birthday gift.  We all agreed it was extremely thoughtful and knew Mary Anne would love it since it's her favorite thing to do for us kids when we have big life events.  After a few trips to the jewelry store by Dad and Vicki, we ended up with a beautiful right hand ring complete with a center stone that Mary Anne got from her mother, Omi, when she passed away a couple of years ago. 
the birthday girl opening her gift
she loves it!
it's even more beautiful in person - just like MA!
After we opened the ring, Austin and I had one more surprise up our sleeve for the birthday girl!  Mary Anne had one last gift to open and we saved the biggest surprise for last.
opening her last gift
SURPRISE!!!!
proud parents to be!
these two are going to be the best grandparents!
Baby K is one lucky little babe.
We had so much fun with my family - especially after we were able to share our big news!  It was so special to me to have my entire family there as well - what an incredible weekend.  We are all very blessed!

-Callie

No comments:

Post a Comment